Monday 22 November 2010

Me experience learning English at the university


Well the thing is that I’m not really good at English so it’s rare to talk about it, but I have been learning this language in the university. This is the second language that I’ve tried to lean in my life, after my native language that is the Spanish. This started in the school where I had to lean German because I was in a German school, but I was really difficult and I learned the basic thing then. After that I get in the University and it is a requirement to past the 4 obligatory curses, and there I’m. I started in the third curse were I passed with no difficulties and now I’m doing the last curse and I hope to passed too. But I think that pass the curses is not the most important thing, I think that learning the language is the biggest accomplished to me, and in this curses I haven’t learned English as I expected.

One of reasons for I haven’t learned about this language is because the test that we should do to know how is our English (and tells us in which level are we) isn’t a good way to measure our level. I think that the University should have other ways to know how you talk and see if you can write a good story or something like that. The test that they have now is really long and you have a short time to answer it, also there is a listening part and not all the headphones works. So, some people couldn’t answer that part. So I think is better having a teacher that evaluates our English.

So, when you have a bad system of evaluate the students you have a big probability to have in the same curse some students that speak English people who doesn’t understand the language. That situation happened and makes harder for teach in the same level for everyone. In my experience, the people who doesn’t know anything of English doesn’t improve they language a lot and the people who speak better doesn’t learn more for that reason. And I imagine that is a very complicate situation for a teacher, because the level of the English class is not equal.

All this things would be less complicated if in this University the language would be more important. In the different subjects that I have only in two times we’ve read papers in English. So the students are not interested to lean about it, because until today we haven’t really used it. I think this a global problem that should be taken seriously for the students and the teachers to create a conscience, because speak English is a very important opportunity to do new things like getting a good job or going to other counties to specialize, etc. So, I think that learn English really help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment